ภาพที่ 1 ศูนย์โรคตาลาดพร้าวให้บริการตรวจรักษาทางโรคตาอย่างครบครัน
Ladprao Eye Center hosts a team of medical specialists of various fields that can solve all eye-related concerns as detailed below:
• LASIK and ophthalmic surgery
• Ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery
• Pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus
Services Offered at Ladprao Eye Center
1. Eye condition diagnostic and treatment
o Common eye disease: The center offers diagnostic and surgical services as well as treatment of eye conditions such as abnormal vision, pinguecula, pterygium, and cataract.
o Retina and vitreous disease: The center offers diagnostic, surgery, and retinal laser surgery on diseases such as macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal detachment, and epiretinal membrane by ophthalmologists specializing in eye retina.
o Corneal disease: The center offers diagnostic and surgery on corneal disease such as corneal infections, corneal inflammation, cornea transplant by ophthalmologists specializing in cornea.
o Glaucoma: The center offers diagnostic, surgery, and laser surgery treatment of various types of glaucoma by ophthalmologists specializing in glaucoma.
o Disorders of eyelid, lacrimal system and orbit: The center offers abnormality treatment by ophthalmologists specializing in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery.
o Nervous system disease that affects eye health: Nervous system related with eye muscle such as diplopia (double vision) due to nervous system tumors and ptosis. The treatment is offered by ophthalmologists.
o Pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus: Pediatric refractive error, pediatric eye diagnostic, examination and treatment for lazy eye, and surgical treatment of eye disease in children such as ocular muscles for strabismus are serviced by medical specialists in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus.
2. Surgical Services
The service is operated by a team of ophthalmologists and medical specialists using advanced surgical equipment and tools with strict infection prevention system to ensure the patient receives highest safety. The following are examples of the services offered at the center:
• Cataract: Phacoemulsification with high-frequency sound waves and artificial lenses implant.
• Pterygium: Tissue graft surgery and normal surgery.
• Retina disease such as retinal detachment, vitreous bleeding, and diabetic retinopathy.
• Glaucoma such as surgery to open the aqueous humor drainage.
• Corneal disease such as corneal transplant surgery.
• Disorders of eyelid, lacrimal system and orbit such as dacryocystorhinostomy surgery by inserting a microscope through nasal cavity leaving no scar, orbital plastic and reconstructive surgery, cosmetic surgery of eyelid after injury.
• Pediatric eye surgery such as pediatric strabismus surgery.
3. Eye Laser Surgery Services
• Intense laser surgery for diabetic retinopathy which creates a small hole in the retina using photocoagulation.
• Laser peripheral irodotomy helps prevent and cure closed angle glaucoma by using a laser to open the pupil which allows better aqueous flow through the drainage using Nd-YAG laser machine. Prevent and cure closed and open angle glaucoma to reduce the eye pressure with ALT (Argon Laser Trabeculoplasty).
• Reduce dependence on glaucoma drugs as well as avoid surgery and remove posterior capsule opacification after laser capsulotomy using Nd-YAG laser.
• Retinal laser surgery on preterm baby with abnormal blood vessel development in the retina (retinopathy of prematurity) using indirect ophthalmoscope laser (LIO).
• Macular laser therapy while conducting vitreous and retina surgery on patients with retinopathy. (Endophotocoagulation)
• Laser vision correction for myopia and astigmatism (LASIK).
Medical Examination Room and Equipment
• Medical examination room equipped with a complete set of equipment
• Autorefractor, a computerized eyesight examiner
• Laser Interferometer
• Fundus camera that captures the retina image without requiring the patient to dilate the pupil to identify abnormalities such as diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration.
• Non-Contact Tonometry
• Digital slit lamp microscope
• Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) is a modern tool that employs light wave to assess retinal traits, retinal nerve structure, and retinal nerve fiber to help diagnose and monitor the progress of retinopathy, glaucoma, and other optic neuropathy and focal point.
• Computerized Humphrey Visual Field (CTVF)
• Fundus fluorescein angiography (FFA)
• Laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma
• Nd-YAG Laser machine is used to treat glaucoma and post cataract surgery.
• LASIK for myopia and astigmatism laser vision correction
• Phacoemulsification for cataract surgery using ultra-high frequency sound wave
• Posterior vitrectomy machine
• Nd-YAG Laser: The advantage of this machine is that it can create iridotomy (small openings on the iris). To help prevent and cure closed angle glaucoma, the laser is used to improve aqueous flow through the drainage. In addition, this machine can also be used to cure the posterior capsule opacification resulted from cataract surgery to improve the vision.
• Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT): An advanced equipment that employs light wave to assess retinal traits, retinal nerve structure, and retinal nerve fiber to help diagnose and monitor the progress of retinopathy, glaucoma, and other optic neuropathy and focal point.
• Digital Fundus Camera
• The camera that captures the retina image without pupil dilation: The camera is used to capture patient’s retina image to examine abnormalities such as diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration. Eye-image magnifying camera that can 40x magnifies the image which allows clarity in examining parts of the eye and it, moreover, allows image capture after eye dye injection.
• Digital slit lamp microscope: This microscope captures images on the go while examining by connecting the microscope with the eye-examining camera. The image can be displayed on monitor allowing the patient to visualize his or her own eye and the medical specialist can explain the condition right away. Moreover, the captured image can be stored just like images taken from a digital camera which can be tracked back allowing treatment progress monitoring on a daily basis.
• Computerized Humphrey Visual Field (CT-VF): This is an equipment to assess the visual field to help examine and monitor treatment result of glaucoma. (Visual field is a large span of area that each side of the eye is capable to visualize) If a patient suffers glaucoma, he or she would experience narrower visual field.
For more information please contact Ladprao Eye Center, Medical Specialist Center, Building 2 Floor 4
Telephone: 02-530-2556 Ext. 2440, 2441