LASIK is the surgical method of ophthalmic (such as myopia, presbyopia by birth, astigmatism, and presbyopia by age) permanently by using Microkeratome to separate corneal layers thickness for the 1 of 3 of the thickness of total cornea, and then using Excimer Laser to polish the middle cornea to change the overall corneal, and then close the surface to its original position.
Preparation for LASIK Treatment
1. Patient must stop wearing contact lenses before having the surgery Please stop wearing
- Stop wearing contact lenses in the type of soft lens for at least 3 days prior to surgery
- Stop wearing contact lenses in the type of Hard lens/ Semi hard lens for at least 14 days prior to surgery
Thus, the patients can wear eye glasses instead while not wearing contact lenses. The reason for stop wearing contact lenses is that contact lenses directly contact the cornea, and when used for a long time, it may cause altered corneal appearance. And, it takes time to regain its natural shape. Solid contact lenses will affect the cornea more than soft contact lenses. Measurement of contact lenses by removing the contact lenses shortly will provide inaccurate measurement value.
2. No Driving: patients should avoid driving , during the Lasik procedure patients will be given eye drops that may result with following side effects
- blur eye sight, dizziness
- blur near sight even when wearing glasses
- Sensitive to light exposure, recommend for patients to bring sunglasses (in the case of day-time appointment), and such effect may last 4- 6 hours. Therefore, it strictly suggests patients to avoid driving cars while having such symptoms, and the relatives or friends are required or call taxi back home.
3. Several medications may need to be stopped for at least 1 month prior to surgery including: Roaccutane, Acnotin or sotane as it causes dry conjunctiva, including corneal surface.
4. The use of other medicines: If patients are taking any medication please ask for doctor advisory
5. Patients are not during pregnancy, and not yet after delivery period leaving a duration until the second month of menstruation. Thus, it depends on the discretion of physicians.
6. For patients with Lasik plan record longer than 3 months will need to be re examine due to eye conditions may change because before the surgery, you will have the change of eyesight or eye disease; therefore, the re-examination will confirm the complete condition of the eyes condition whether it is ready to take LASIK treatment or not.
7. The thoroughly examine time on eyes for LASIK takes approximately 2-3 hours
8. For the LASIK Center of Ladprao Hospital, for your conveniences, please make reservation before appointment date by call center 081-9077700, 089-2012044, so we can provide the best services for the patients.
Advantages of LASIK treatment
• LASIK provides for all permanent refractive error problems
procedure to be done by the Laser and a blade free surgery, resulting in more accuracy and more safety the recovery time is shortened.
• Patients are usually able to see after the surgery immediately
• Do not need anaesthetic injection, but just use anaesthetic eyes drop, and no operation.
• Can go home immediately after the surgery
LASIK and the increasing of Quality of life
• LASIK opens freedom of vision, and reduce the use of glasses and contact lenses.
• LASIK increases career chances such as applying for flight attendant, captain, soldier, and police officer.
LASIK increases the convenience for life without concerning about eye glasses and contact lens.
• LASIK increases the activeness in several sports especially swimming and outdoor sports and other activities
• LASIK enhances personality
Person who is appropriate to take LASIK Treatment
• patients age 18 and above with at least 1 year stable eyesight
• free from eye diseases or corneal abnormalities, such as scars, SLE, and some other infections.
• Not pregnant or during nursery period
• fully understand Lasik procedures and expectations
PRK eyes vision treatment
For patients with doctor's approval and without any operation restriction, but the patients may have unsuitable conditions for Lasik treatment; in this case, PRK treatment may be recommended.
PRK is a type of refractive surgery to correct myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism by removal of outer layer or Epithelium using Excimer Laser. PRK was the first type of laser eye surgery for vision correction and is the predecessor to the popular LASIK procedure.